BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter currently in development at Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock (which sold over 4 million units worldwide). Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative and gameplay experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky.
Former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt has been sent to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned in Columbia since childhood. Booker develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.
Now this looks awesome. The levels have a lot of active things happening DURING gameplay. The other thing that is interesting to me is the RC Car explosive(don't think I like that). Having the camera you can post see behind you, the stiletto knife?! Best of all, the ability to SAVE YOUR GAMES AND WATCH YOUR EPIC WINS AND FAILS!
This new video is the panel that announced the game as well as some more info those trailers didn't give. There is a funny rivalry between Street Fighter's director Yoshinori Ono and Tekken's director Katsuhiro Harada. Check it out!
Let's get the little things out of the way first! Street Fighter III: Third Strike looks to be returning! There was an online version of the game announced at San Diego's Comic-Con. It will be on PS3 and XB360 respectively, and will returning soon, but not ASAP. Yoshinori Ono said the title "...will not come out in the immediate future, but the game is coming back."
Turns out there will be even MORE costumes for Super Street Fighter IV as well! Here is a pic(shown above) of some of the announced alternates.
NOW FOR THE BIG STUFF!
IT. IS. OFFICIAL! Street Fighter X(Cross)Tekken & Tekken X(Cross) Street Fighter were confirmed by both Namco and Capcom. Both companies are making their own version of the cross-over fighter. Namco's version will be using the Tekken 6 fighting engine whereas Capcom's will be using the Street Fighter IV engine! I loved both Tekken 6 as well as Street Fighter IV, so only time will tell how great these titles turn out. Amazing potential! Here is a brand new trailer, the very first gameplay video of Capcom's version and some pics!
There was also EVEN MORE gameplay footage from San Diego's Comic-Con for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. These 5(YES 5!) brand new vids showoff some new super's AND the new characters, including Amaterasu and Thor!
Today at Comic-Con two more character selections for MVC3 have been revealed! Amaterasu from Okami as well as the mighty Thor! Here are their official MVC3 character arts as well as some gameplay pics!
Amaterasu originates from the beloved Okami series
serving as the main protagonist of the story. Thor is
not only a Marvel character but the frickin' God of
lightning and thunder?! Awesome additions...Let's
hope there is more to come from Comic-Con!
Yesterday at Comic-Con, four more characters have been confirmed! Below is a video and some pics of some of the new characters confirmed for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3! Doctor Doom, Chun-Li, Super-Skrull, and Trish from Devil May Cry!
Doctor "Victor Von" Doom
Doctor Doom and Chun-Li have been in the MVC
series before. Both appearing in MVC2. Chun-Li
we know as the thick legged kick friendly girl from
the Street Fighter series. Doctor Doom being the
main antagonist from the Fantastic Four series.
Super-Skrull is from the Fantastic Four series as well. He is from a race know as the "Skrull". This guy's home planet of Tarnax IV was destroyed by Galactus. So their race attempts to invade earth to get a new planet only to be thwarted by the Fantastic Four. Swearing revenge on them, they imbue one Skrull with all the Fantastic Four's abilities. He actually becomes stronger than The Thing, better with flight and fire abilities than the Human Torch, much better invisibility and telekinesis than that of the Invisible Woman, and can stretch further than Mr. Fantastic. Someone not to be messed with...
Trish is from the Devil May Cry series serving as an antagonist originally, then becoming a heroine to aid Dante in the series
First off, I saw a preview video to the newest edition to the Mortal Kombat franchise! Mortal Kombat 9! It is going to be 2D like the old school ones(Of course 3D rendered characters in 1080p though)! As well as there was some tag team play shown...promising!
A 7 and a half minute trailer has been circulating the internet of a new Mortal Kombat movie! It is going to have Jax, Sonja, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sheng Tsung, Baraka, and Reptile(from what has been shown so far). It is much more gritty and they tried to real it up similar to the Dark Knight was to Batman...not too sure if I like it yet, only time will tell.
A new E3 Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 poster has been leaked! It shows many more character silhouettes that look hopeful! I'm guessing Juggernaut as well as Ghost Rider so far. The other thing that leads me to beleive Ghost Rider is in the game is a few more still frame pics that were released recently. 4 of the 5 new pics were of Deadpool and Dante fighting(they look awesome). But the last one shows Ryu and Wolverine looking to the sky and there is a giant fire in the air...which also has what looks to be a motorcycle in the middle of it. Could be dope....
I was so stoked that these were coming on Thursday June, 3rd that I got them early so I could check them out. There are once again 5 maps in this pack(same as the Stimulus Map Pack). These new maps are arguably the best NEW maps yet. Very well balanced. The new maps are...
1) Fuel: THIS MAP IS HUGE! It is easily the biggest map I've seen from Infinity Ward. They have the "Domination", "Capture the Flag", "Sabotage", and "Search and Destroy" spots in very odd locations. As well as off to the side there is a giant empty desert area that leads to a small barreled alcove. There are so many buildings as well as corners to turn it is a campers dream.
2) Carnival: This level is soooo cool! Because it is a themed carnival, they can change the landscape to almost whatever they wanted. There are many landmark areas in this level, so there are many places that a communicator can call out. There is a fun house with a giant clown mouth entrance, a castle front with drawbridge, carousel, rocket ship, ufo, the list goes on. Very well balanced as well as great for objective games.
3) Trailer Park: A medium sized map. But with all the little nooks and crannies it has, it makes it feel like a bigger map. There is a lot of fences and walls in between the trailers here too, so it is like a maze. Ultimately hard to camp as well because there are so many entrances and exits to areas too. Or the area is so small to sit in that one grenade or noob tube will end things pretty quick. So you better be on the move and aware of your surroundings or you will get crushed.
4) Strike: This level was originally in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. One of the best maps that game had to offer, it makes a triumphant return! Absolutely fantastic for any kind of game type. They also upped the graphics and lighting intensely for this map. Infinity Ward made a few tweaks to this level to balance it out better as well. Such as, opening doorways that were previously closed or lighting darker areas so people can be seen better in them. Great map.
5) Vacant: One of my personal LEAST favorite maps from the first Modern Warfare is back. It is incredibly small and open. There are many many places to be flanked from no matter where you are. Spawn killing can be a problem in this level as well. They did however improve the lighting. Not as ultra dark as it was before. But. Still one of my least favorite maps. Team Deathmatch is fun on it as well as Sabotage and Free-For-All.
Well, let's hope they put out one more Map Pack before the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops in November! I want two other maps from COD4:MW! Please bring Ambush and Crossfire back! :D
The new map pack will being coming out June 3rd exclusively to XBox Live. There are five maps in total.
Carnival, Trailer Park, Fuel, Strike, and Vacant. I can't wait to get my hands on them to try them out first hand. There will be a review as soon as they are out.
In other news, the newest addition to the Call of Duty franchise, "Call of Duty: Black Ops" has a release date of November 9th, 2010. It is a Treyarch production instead of Infinity Ward, so I'm guessing it will be more glitchy as well as more bloody. There are two trailers on XBox Live and Playstation Network respectively.
So. Turns out a lot has happened in the fighting game world in the past few days. Turns out there were some awesome new characters announced in two great games. The first being Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. The second being King of Fighters XIII. Now. There were 4 new characters announced from MVC3. They are:
1) Captain America: This patriotic hero is no stranger to the "Vs." series. He has been in 4 of the first 5 games. Those games are: Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Vs. Capcom, and finally Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.
2) Felicia: This buxom cat girl is also a veteran to the series. She originally appeared in the Darkstalkers series, then later jumped into the Vs. series appearing in the game Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.
3) Deadpool: All I have to say is......FINALLY! This character is ridiculously awesome. A true fan favorite of most of the Marvel characters, he is a smart mouth, trash talking, gun wielding, sword toting SOB. This guy has never been in the "Vs." series yet and no one can figure out why. Nevertheless, he is here now! AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW HE PLAYS! (HOPEFULLY HEAVY ON THE TRASH TALK!)
4) Dante: Another character fans have cried out for! The main protagonist from the "Devil May Cry" series, Dante is quite a cool character. His arsenal includes many things. Spiritual attacks, check. Two smokin' pistols, check. One BADASS sword, check. Enough guts to fight Jesus himself? Check. This guy is going to make a super amazing addition to the series.
The other game in question was King of Fighters XIII. The FINAL character addition to KOFXIII is....issssss...Kula! This crazy green haired woman finishes out the "K' Team" as well as the character roster to KOFXIII!
I will be trying to add pictures as well as videos shortly, hold on tight if I do. ;)
Maxima the giant massive blue destroyer has been confirmed to be in KOFXIII! He will be joining K' on his team. The third team member has not yet been announced. Here is a link: http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/character/
The final part of my review is going to be about the final things I got to play in the beta as well as improvements that I feel should happen.
There was three new weapons I left out last time by the way. The Focus Rifle, Grenade Launcher and the Plasma Launcher.
1) Focus Rifle: The Focus Rifle is a mix between the Sentinel Beam and the Beam Rifle from the older games. It shoots a very powerful beam that deals massive damage as well as it can zoom in like a Sniper Rifle. This thing is not very cool in my opinion. It was tough to get kills with. Then again I was on a map with lots of small things to use as cover.
2) Grenade Launcher: This bad boy packs some wallop but is very hard to hit people with. Just like your frag grenades, the grenades that are shot need to bounce once then explode.
3) Plasma Launcher: This brand new covenant answer to the grenade launcher is quite interesting and awesome! It fires by holding down the trigger. The longer said trigger is held down it will launch up to I believe 4 plasma grenades in a short burst. If you want to shoot a single plasma grenade you can by tapping the R Trigger. The best part about this is that you can stick people with it! So if people are in a group, simply hold down the trigger and blast them all to kingdom come!
I finally got to play Covenant Slayer AKA Covy Slayer! It was rather fun I must say. The Elites have two loadouts so far. The Warrior and the Zealot.
1) Warrior: The Warrior Loadout gives you a Plasma Repeater, Plasma Pistol, 2 Plasma Grenades, and the ability to dash forward at your enemy.
2) Zealot: The Zealot Loadout gives you a Needle Rifle, Plasma Pistol, 2 Plasma Grenades, and the ability to roll in a given direction to evade your enemies.
Both of these loadouts were honestly very boring. I wanted more. I know the Elites can do more than just run and roll,
The new gametypes I tried were, Stockpile and Headhunter.
1) Stockpile: Stockpile is capture the flag on steroids. This gametype is 4 on 4 and has 5 flags scattered throughout the map that you must retrieve and bring back to your base. The catch is that you have to keep them there and about every 30 seconds they get counted into your score and then respawned wherever you originally got them. First to 10 wins. This can get very hairy when you get 4 flags in your base and one of your enemies decides to pay a visit and steal one of the flags you put there. Makes for a good match, I just think it needs more people in it, 5 on 5, or 6 on 6 would suit this better in my opinion.
2) Headhunter: Headhunter is a really neat idea. This game type is an 8 player Free-For-All based gametype. But when you kill someone, skulls fly out of them and you need to collect them to go toward your skull count. You will see white circular "Drop Zones" if you will, scattered throughout the map. If you get to one with some skulls in your pocket, then it gets put into your overall score. If you are killed then all your skulls fall out and can be stolen by your enemies. Pretty damn fun I must say. A Big Team Battle Headhunter would be epic. I really think it should happen. Bungie, let's do this.
Well guys, this concludes my Halo:Reach Beta review. If I see anymore new or cool things to mention, I will do a few more quick info posts!
I just played the Halo:Reach multiplayer beta on XBox Live, which started on Monday, May 3rd. Only available to those who own a copy of Halo 3: ODST, and it appears in the man menu of that game. Bungie made quite a few tweaks and in my opinion, improvements. They now allow you to have "armor abilities" and different loadouts. The names of those Loadouts are as follows:
1) Scout: Scout gives you the ability to sprint, just like in Call of Duty! Finally something that Halo needed to be added.
2) Guard: This Armor Ability and loadout are quite interesting. Guard is an Armor Ability that when you press and hold the LB button, you slam your hand into the ground and become invincible temporarily until you let go or until you run out of juice. When and if that happens, a small static explosion happens near you an can kill an oncoming enemy, So far, my personal favorite.
3) Stalker: The Stalker loadout/armor ability is pretty sweet by all means. It gives you the ability to go into active camo as well as have a pretty damn good radar scrambler. While I think it needs to be slightly harder to see you when in camo, it is still a decent loadout.
4) Airborne: Having a jetpack in Halo would be nice right? Well it is! With this Armor Ability you can jetpack all around these levels to your hearts content. Getting a sniper rifle with this bad boy is nice for some sweet vantage points.
Some other cool new additions are the new weapons as well as tweaks to the old one. Check out some of the new guys and good ole' boys.
1) Plasma Repeater: This is essentially the Plasma Rifle but slightly more accurate and looks much cooler.
2) The DMR: The DMR is a single shot Battle Rifle. It is MUCH more accurate from long distances if you take your time and make the right shot. I like this new improvement to the "BR".
3) Pistol: The Pistol has finally made it's triumphant return from the original Halo. It can zoom in to X2 zoom, as well as take someone down in 4 headshots.
4) Needle Rifle: The Needle Rifle is the Covenant answer to the DMR. A single shot rifle that quite literally shoots needles. Looks and reloads pretty sweet too.
5) Sniper Rifle: While not technically "new", the Sniper Rifle looks slightly different as well as has a more realistic feel. This is shown when you fire, it has recoil as well as cannot fire accurately if you fire in rapid succession.
6) Needler: I haven't seen this weapon change in the slightest. I still get that wonderful feeling when people explode and pink mist is everywhere though.
7) Shotgun: The Shotgun has been improved in my opinion. It is a single barrel pump action now. So it balances it out, while still letting it do massive close range damage.
The final thing I will talk about in the first part of my review is the new scoring system. Bungie set it up so when you play, you earn Credits. These Credits are earned by how you played and medals you earned. These Credits are used to trick out your Spartan to give him cool shoulder guards, helmet, or other add-on's to your physical appearance. So the more badass your Spartan looks, it shows you've earned it and you'rea talented player. A rather nice touch I must say. Also you get "judged". You play enough during a day and you get a daily judgment. Play enough that same week, and you get a weekly judgment. Play enough that month, and you'll earn monthly judgment. They have said your "judgment" will be a certain color skull for that time. Whether it be a silver, gold, or platinum skull for that time played. It is posted and shown that you earned that skull for that time played in your stats.
All in all, so far so good Bungie! I am super stoked for the full game now. I will have a second part to this review when I have played all the game types as well as played as the Elites(who have completely different loadouts and Armor Abilities). Go out there and try it!
Now I played the old Super Tecmo Bowl game to death on my NES. Probably my favorite football game ever. It was so simple yet SO FUN. This is more of the same! This new installment to the "Tecmo Bowl" franchise is fantastic and well done. They realize that the old school play is heavily favored, so what did Tecmo do? They allow you to switch between their new 3D graphics, back to the old school SNES graphics ON THE FLY, all at the press of a button! Which I thought was great. Only thing this game is lacking is the NFL license it used to have, obviously because of EA and the Madden franchise. BUT. They also realized that, and planned ahead. You can switch the names of every single team in the game as well as every single player in the game! Hats off to Tecmo for the well thought out planning and old school gameplay.
I finally got my copy of Super Street Fighter IV in the mail, and it is a great game. Capcom went above and beyond for their fans with thie game. They added 10 more characters(now bringing the total to 35), costumes, stages, 2 ultra combos and much more to the new SSF4. All the characters have also been re-balanced to make some characters slightly better and some slighty nerfed(toned down). Ryu, Sagat, and Zangief, who were powerhouses in the first SF4, were nerfed down to make them more balanced with the rest of the cast. While some characters such as Vega were actually given a slight damage increase to make them more playable. I am incredibly happy they don't have the cheesy "Indestructible" theme that they had in SF4. They instead went with a more serious and exciting soundtrack, as well as the announcer is very good and keeps you enjoying the game. The new characters that were added are:
1) Adon: Originally from "Street Fighter 1" as well as the "Street Fighter Alpha" series.
2) Cody: Originally in the Capcom game "Final Fight", also in the "Street Fighter Alpha" series.
3) Guy: First appearance was with Cody in "Final Fight" and the "Street Fighter Alpha" series.
4) Hakan: An original character for "Super Street Fighter IV". He is a Turkish oil wrestler and a rather comedic fighter to boot. All of his moves revolve around his oily body and slip sliding you all over the place.
5) Juri: Juri marks the first Tae Kwon Do character to ever be in a "Street Fighter" game. She is also a "Super Street Fighter IV" original. Her style of play is rather interesting. Obviously a kick heavy fighter, she always uses her legs, to grab, do her Ultra Combos, even to throw her projectiles. She is very balanced and has great character. She is insanely evil and rather sexual as well with her innuendos.
6) Ibuki: This female ninja was in the "Street Fighter III" series and was a fan favorite. She finally makes her return after a huge fan uprising.
7) Dudley: Dudley made his first appearance in the "Street Fighter III" series and was a heavily played character. His old school English boxing is the perfect opposite to Balrog's American style boxing. We finally get the chance to have the dream match of Balrog Vs. Dudley!
8) Makoto: Makoto came on the scene during the "Street Fighter III" games. Originally supposed to be Ryu's sister, that idea was scrapped and she is just a stand alone character.
9) T. Hawk: This giant Aztec Indian burst into the Street Fighter games very early. He was in the "Super Street Fighter II" game, which came out in 1993 to the arcades.
10) Dee Jay: This crazy jamaican long with T. Hawk originated in "Super Street Fighter II". His upbeat attitude and style of play made him a staple in the older "Street Fighter" games. He is back with a vengeance in the new installment.
Overall I am incredibly happy with this game, I just wish Capcom made Street Fighter IV this good instead of having me buy another game. However, they definitely realized that should have been the case as well, so the game has been priced at $39.99 respectively. That extra $20 off is nice I suppose. If you're a Street Fighter fan, or even a fighting game fan, go pick this up!
K' was recently added to the character list on the KOFXIII official web site. Looks like SNK/Playmore are finally listening to their fans. Check it out here: http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/character/
The Saboteur is a fantastic game! You play as an Irish terrorist named Sean Devlin in Nazi invaded Paris in the year 1941. This game is a huge melting pot of other games thrown together wonderfully. It has elements from Metal Gear Solid, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, and Hitman.
The elements from Metal Gear Solid are that you can be very stealthy. Take out a guard, take his clothes, then walk around as a Nazi without anyone else the wiser. Very realistic though in the fact that if you are in disguise, then run full speed or climb on things, the enemy will out you and been firing. Or if you are near them face to face to long they will also recognize you're not one of them.
The things that this game has in common with Assassin's Creed is that it it is freeroam and you can climb. While not AS fluid as Altair or Ezio from the Assassin's Creed games, Sean Devlin can climb fairly fast and maneuver well. You also do have some brutal fighting as well as a couple stealthy kills. Pressing Square will have you snap their neck, whereas pressing Triangle will bash them in the head.
As far as the GTA similarities... YOU CAN STEAL OLD CARS! Seeing as this is a freeroam sandbox style game, you can run around Paris and steal cars to get where you're going. Thing I like that they added to this game though, is that when you steal a car and deliver it to your garage, it will permanantly be there. Then talk to your garage attendant and you can pick between which of your cars you want to use. Another similarity is that in GTA you had to find hidden packages or other items scattered throughout the city. In The Saboteur you actually have spots you have to blow up and Sabotage all throughout Paris. Whether it is an AA Gun, a Searchlight, Radar Beacon, Sniper Tower, whatever really, there are MANY of them to find as well.
The Hitman similarties are fairly obvious. You need to be quiet, clean, and smart to get through some of the harder missions. You can't kill someone and leave them there, it will alert the other guards. You need to be a quiet assassin or you will be compromised. Shooting a gun or even aiming it at someone can alert the guards. So if you want to shoot someone, get a silenced pistol and take the guard out fast.
The Saboteur has some of it's own goodies to this play style as well. You unlock perks as you kill and maim the Nazi's! If you run over 30 nazi's in a car, you unlock the ability to put a nitrous boost to a specific car. Or if you fight with your bare hands a lot, you unlock a haymaker as well as a special throwing ability. In the "Demolitions" area of the perks, you can make your explosives blow up faster, or it won't be suspicious to the guards.
Overall, I would highly suggest this game. It is a great overall game with a few glitches here and there. And for the price tag of $19.99, there is no excuse not to try it.
On April 24th, SNK/Playmore confirmed that the character Hwa Jai is confirmed to be in KOFXIII. It will be the first time Hwa Jai has been in a game since his first appearance in the original Fatal Fury. Here is a link to watch Hwa Jai in action against Vice!
About three weeks ago a new map pack for COD:MW2 was released. It has been dubbed, "The Stimulus Package". It features five new maps. Here is a list of the names of the maps and details.
Bailout is a very interesting map. It is a bunch of broken down apartment buildings. But the level offers a lot of different cover and altitude advantages. Claymores, grenade launchers(noob tubes), and shotguns help a lot on this map seeing as most of the fighting tends to be close quarters. Team Deathmatch is a blast on this level, very fast paced.
Storm has to be one of the best maps I've seen for a map pack in any COD series yet. It is very well balanced as far as people who tend to sit back and pick people off(camp) can do well. But people who are more of a run and gun player, you still can do very well if you stick to close quarters and indoors. Domination and Free-For-All are very solid game types for this map.
This is personally my favorite of the new maps. A very wide open map, Salvage is a snowy junkyard, fortified and stacked with debris as well as crushed cars. There is a cabin that I love to play in with a sniper rifle, ACOG scoped assault rifle, and claymores. Great for long distance kills up the middle of the map. Ground War and Team Deathmatch are fantastic and intense on this map.
Now Crash is TECHNICALLY not new. It is new to COD:MW2, but it was originally in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as a fan favorite map. Crash is based around a downed helicopter in the middle of the map. This helicopter can serve as cover or a great hiding place in the Domination game type, seeing as the "B" capture point is quite literally right there. There is also a three story building that snipers tend to run to seeing as it has an amazing vantage point. My favorite map from COD4: MW.
Just as "Crash" was originally from COD4:MW, so is Overgrown. Overgrown is a very grassy level. It features a dry creek bed allowing players to lay down(go prone) in it, as well as run from one side of the map to the other quickly. Two bridges run perpendicular to the creek bed also allowing two other ways to get across the map. The center of the play generally is around "Grandma's House". Which is a house that is two stories. Which offers more cover as well as the ability to get on the roof. So this house is key to a win in any Deathmatch type. It gives the ability for great cover, as well as being able to see nearly the whole map from the roof. Another stellar map from COD4:MW.
Overall I honestly think this is the best Map Pack I have seen ever in ANY Call of Duty game. Two more maps as well as Infinity Ward defiintely listened to their fans. Good to see that my money didn't go to waste. On XBox 360 it costs 1200 Microsoft Points. It is not on Playstation Network yet, it will be released soon for the PS3. Hang tight PS3 owners!
After nearly a decade of waiting, Capcom recently announced at their "Captivate" event, that the 5th installment in the "Vs." series is a reality. I personally have waited since the release of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and have been an avid player since the game's initial release in 2001. Apparently the hold up with a sequel was that of timing and contracts. On February 6th, 2004 EA Games claimed the rights to Marvel's fighting games. They then released the horrible game "Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects".
They also announced a new game at Comic Con 07'. It was quickly scrapped soon there after.
“EA and Marvel have jointly agreed to discontinue development of the Marvel titles under the EA Games Label. This was a business decision based on EA’s portfolio strategy,” an Electronic Arts rep told GameTap January 28th, 2008.More along the lines of: "EA Games should stop making fighting games, please, please, please for the love of all that is holy."
Nevertheless, Capcom obviously got wind of the fact that the fighting game rights were up for grabs and they all decided to make the impossible possible again.
So far here is what we know of and about the game:
1) So far the games title is: "Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds"
2) The game has roughly 30 characters currently in development. But not to worry, Wes Phillips Associate PR Manager for Capcom was quoted as saying, ""At this point, there are roughly 30 characters in the game, but that number will increase...You can rest assured that Niitsuma-san and his team will be working hard to include as many characters as possible before the game hits next year."
And let's hope so, there were 56 characters in MVC2, and that game was originally on Dreamcast(which used CD's to produce their games). So if Dreamcast's games were made on CD's... the XBox 360 is using dual layer DVD's and the PS3 is using Blu-Ray Disc's, which both have a ludicrous amount of more storage space. A CD is about 700MB, whereas a dual layer DVD is about 50 GB of storage and a blu-ray disc is 25 to 33.4GB. And that's not even a dual layer blu-ray which is 50 to 100GB of storage. In laments terms: THEY HAVE SO MUCH MORE THEY CAN DO! THEY HAVE ROOM FOR MANY MORE CHARACTERS, STAGES, AND HOPEFULLY A GREAT STORYLINE!
3) The only confirmed character's so far are: Iron Man, Hulk, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine, Ryu, Morrigan, and Chris Redfield from the Resident Evil games.
4) The graphics are going to be a mix between Street Fighter IV, the Tatsunoku Vs. Capcom series, and the other Marvel Vs.Capcom games.
5) It is slated for a late 2010 early 2011 release on the Playstation 3 and XBox 360 respectively.
6) There is a teaser trailer for the game! Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbewzn4MG10
As soon as I have more information, it will be known!
Hello all! This is the first post in the Espionage Gaming blog! First things first. My name is Josh. But on this site I shall be known as Xion33(catchy little pen name ain't it). There will be game reviews, news, release dates, previews, and videos sooner or later on this site. I hope you enjoy your stay while you're here. If you have any questions always feel free to comment or message me. Thank you for your support.